- Imathia is subdivided into 3 municipalities: Alexandria, Veria and Naoussa. Veria is the capital of the Regional Unit with a population of 140.611 inhabitants.
- It is the place where Alexander the Great and his father Philip II, were proclaimed kings. The Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai in Vergina is a must for every visitor.
- One of the most impressive mountains of Imathia is Mount Vermio, which is a protected Natura 2000 habitat.
- Visitors can explore the natural beauty of the place by taking part in various adventurous as well as contemplative activities.
- It is a perfect place for winter tourism lovers, as here they can visit some of Greece’s best ski centers, like Seli and 3-5 Pigadia.
- Perfect for: cultural tourism, nature lovers, sports tourism, and wine tourism.